Monday, April 16, 2007

Interviewing celebrities

I was reading Whitney's blog entry about interviewing the actor from O.C. And while I was commenting her entry, an ethical question came to my mind...

What are the ethics, if any, behind interviewing celebrities..especially celebrities that you might look up to? Say for example a journalist, who is like any other person, has a celebrity or idol that they admire and been wanting to meet their whole life.. and then fortunately, comes the opportunity to interview that celebrity for their job.. this journalist is excited about it and starts setting up questions for the interview.. would it be right to ask the celebrity questions that the person (a fan of the celebrity) has always wanted to know.. or to just stick to what a journalist would want to know?? Or is there any diffence at all?

I don't know how I would handle interviewing my idols and I wonder if there are journalists who feel that way sometimes too and if so, how do they go about their interviews?

No comments: