Monday, April 16, 2007

"Blood Diamond"

My cousins brought over this movie yesterday and I got to see parts of it (I didn't get to see all of it) but there were parts of the movie that I thought was interesting, from a journalism perspective. I found it interesting because we discussed investigative/undercover reporting in class and this movie portrayed a little bit of that when Jennifer Connolly's role as an American journalist wanted to write an investigative story about the conflict diamonds and wanted to know the truth behind the illegal trade. There was a scene also when she mentioned something about getting people to go on-the-record to Leonardo DiCaprio's character and how she just wants to write a good story. They also showed her taking lots of pictures even in dreadful scenes which I thought were telling.

I didn't get to see all of the movie but when I noticed Connolly's role it just stuck me to see the dangers journalists face and what they do to get the story.

No comments: